top of page
Our Christ Lutheran Church was established in Warren, MI, in 1960 as a member of the American Lutheran Church and is now affiliated with Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC) and North American Lutheran Church (NALC).
In January, 1957, the property located at 32300 Schoenherr Road, Warren, Michigan, was purchased by the Board of American Missions. A call by the Board of Missions was extended to and accepted by Pastor Donald H. Niehaus, who arrived on August 11, 1960. Christ Lutheran Church was dedicated on May 7, 1961. Pastor Niehaus was called to continue his ministry as the first pastor of Christ Lutheran Church with formal installation on December 17, 1961. Pastor Niehaus served CLC for 35 years and he retired in 1995. Pastor Niehaus went to be with the Lord July, 2018.
Pastor Daniel Cave was called to be CLC pastor in 2007, served for 14 years, and retired in 2021.
The current Minister is Pastor Tsegayesus Hurisa Hunde, who was installed on of December 19, 2022.
bottom of page